Thursday, September 30, 2010

Have You Seen This?

So, wandering around Chapters the other day waiting for my preorder of Dead Rising 2 to be released (that is a story for another day, however, my 2 1/2 hour adventure to acquire Chuck Greene and his IJIEK racing bike), I stumbled upon several books that caught my eye. One had such an interesting title, I just HAD to give it a quick peruse:


If you've never heard of him before, Tucker Max represents everything that you hated about that Frat House near your University campus- drunken depravity, supreme douchebaggery, bad decisions and altogther un-Christianly conduct reign supreme in his second book, Assholes Finish First, coming right off the heels of his first book, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.

Really, only in America can a person publish not one, but two books about being a total and complete asshole to everyone around him (and get over a million people to buy them). Sexism, racism, alcoholism, pretty much whatever -ism you can think of are documented here with startlingly clarity. It really is an appalling book, when you take it out of context.

Yet, it's oddly intriguing... picking it up and reading through a bit just gives you an off taste in your mouth- but oddly, it makes you want to read more. There's something oddly satisfying about reading about the misadventures of the biggest asshole on the planet.

Have you seen/read either of his books? What do you think about Tucker Max, and his books?

Let me know! I'm interested to hear what you think.

7 comments:

  1. wow i might pick that up, or at least look more into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your posts. Usually in my top 5 of the day....check out my new Harlet of the day blog....Just sharing my perversions of the female body....http://harletoftheday.blogspot.com/

    and

    http://as-luciddreaming.blogspot.com/

    Where I share my experiences with Lucid Dreaming....It's a really good read....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is your blog so fun to read? :)

    http://tornadojackson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to think he was absolutely hilarious when I was fifteen or so. Not even thought of him since.

    ReplyDelete